The CarbonCulture team is growing! CarbonCulture is a purpose-built digital sustainability platform that empowers communities to deliver evidence-based energy and carbon savings, currently in use in leading UK national and local government, higher education, and corporate environments. We are set to achieve exciting new growth – and sustainability impact – through our work with new corporate members, local and national government, and with major UK cities over the coming months.
Right now, we are looking for an enthusiastic graduate developer with an interest in solving big, important problems to join our interdisciplinary team. The right person will love solving challenging software problems, with clean code, tests, APIs (and may also be comfortable with some devops).
- You will be passionate about bringing about sustainability outcomes with great experiences, and share our view that open standards and engaging external developers is the way to achieve this.
- You will need to have a working knowledge of Python (or be able to demonstrate the ability to acquire this knowledge), a handle on Django and know about modern web development best practices.
- You want to engage with problems by both exploring new technologies and by standing on the shoulders of giants.
- You are technologically agnostic, and open standards will normally be your first choice.
- You are detail-orientated, rigorous and have a positive approach to solving problems.
- Ideally, like us, you are passionate about creating social and environmental benefit and want to do this through your work. You would enjoy working within a skilled team of designers, engineers and researchers. If we only have ten years to save the world, then you agree with us that it should be done with efficient, elegant and maintainable code.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to meet you!
If you are this person, please email us. No agencies please.
- This position is full time, initially for 6 months with a view to permanent employment.
- To start ASAP.
- At least a Computer Science/Software Development Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
Skills & Requirements
You must have a strong grasp of, or be able to demonstrate working knowledge of the following:
- SQL (We use PostgreSQL)
- REST architecture
- Django (or equivalent MVC/MVV framework)
You should be comfortable with, as a part of your day-to-day work:
- Basic HTML5 templating
- Devops (we maintain our own infrastructure on Rackspace’s cloud)
- Provisioning (we use Salt Stack)
CarbonCulture is the principal project of More Associates, a sustainable innovation practice that works with leading organisations to bring design, technology and user-centred research to address the most exciting social and environmental challenges of our time.
CarbonCulture is on the leading edge of delivering technology and design to unlock real sustainability benefits for real people. We're working with great people in world-leading organisations to help them deliver social and environmental sustainability in commercially viable ways. Our approach is collaborative, both internally and with our peers in the sector. Working in a dynamic start-up environment within the clean tech and sustainability sector, we aim to build a rich interdisciplinary team bringing together great design, appropriate technology, open data and behaviour change, based in Shoreditch.
What do you think? Be the first to comment!